Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Episode on Saturday, August 30, 2008

Prithvi is at his quarters asleep once again, he dreams of running and looking for Pundir. He shouts his name in the dream. He looks frantically everywhere in the fields, it is nightfall. Prithvi faces some dacoits, he shouts where are you Pundir! He continues to run ahead, by the time he hears Pundir calling his name too. He turns around and sees Pundir fall, he is stabbed by numerous swords, dacoits have killed him. He rushes to make last attempts of saving him but it’s too late. No! Pundir! Prithvi suddenly wakes up from his bed, and is very upset. How he just saw a dream of Pundir with numerous swords stabbed in his back. He starts to reminiscence Sanjam’s death too. He sees the thunder and lightening crash in front of him from the window in his room. A cool breeze rushes through it and he wraps the shawl around his body. He walks to the quarters of Guruji and wakes him up.
What happened Maharaj?
I have witnessed a very bad dream.
Sit down, Guruji tells him. What kind of dream Maharaj?
Death of Pundir! What could this dream mean, Prithvi consults him.
The meaning of the dream only a special person can tell.
Who is he, where is he? Prithvi wants to know fast, he is calm.
A God spirit can only tell about it, a person with psychic abilities. He can only interpret and rationalize about the dream.
Can you take me there?
She is in the Shiv temple, but Maharaj it’s becoming very late at night, go in the morning.
No, I cannot wait, I had a similar dream like this before, my father died, Prithvi leaves the room.

Jaichand remembers how Sanyo tricked him and mother lied to him. Sanyo approaches him, father are you ready about the swayamwar, the clothes and shoes are ready and just how I wanted it.
I am glad you are happy just wait and see the marriage will be the most lavish of all.
But father I will remember and miss you after when I leave Kannauj.
I too will miss you, but you just have to make it habit and forget about Kannauj. Its getting late go to your room to sleep.
Yes father, she goes to her room.
No matter what you do I will make the swayamwar happen making sure it’s without Prithvi! Jaichand thinks in his mind.

Prithvi goes to the tantric lady near the Shiv Temple. She is a female, and sits alone, she says, I know that Maharaj’s worries have brought him here .
What is it, he asks her.
It’s something you wouldn't want to know, come and sit here. Prithvi sits down, your friend Pundir will not survive she adds.
Prithvi looks at her in which war?
The very fight that you are enthusiastic about, the most.
This time I will be fighting M Ghori, are you talking about this time, Prithvi asks her.
Are you restless about this war, she asks him back.
No response by Prithvi he is speechless.
One "thoo-phan” is on its way, she tells, a kind of
“thoo-phan" where you will win, but lose simultaneously also. That time you must definitely meet me again, I also saw a dream parallel to yours too.
Is there any way where I can avoid my friend’s death?
No, Maharaj you will not be able to avoid anybodies death, not even one person.

Morning has come, mother chats with Jaichand, we have not spared any wealth to make the swayamwar to its perfection. All the jewelry and clothes are made to precision. Sanyo comes to ask where the weaver is with the threads. He is in Ratnapur. She insists to her father that she wants to see them now, let me go there.
Jaichand is hesitant at first, but later agrees okay, you can go to see it.
I will get ready to go.
But you must take the security guards with you.
Yes father, I will, she leaves for her journey to Ratnapur.
However you try to avoid the swayamwar it will happen on the next “Purnawasi ki rath” no matter what, Jaichand is adamant.

Pundir is at the training section of the palace in the sand, he swings his lance rapidly around and around keeping in mind what he said to Prithvi. He is joined by Prithvi later.
So what have you decided finally, he asks as Prithvi approaches him, is it Me or Mir?
Prithvi walks close to him, you know Pundir, that nobody else has the room in my heart like you have.
Pundir is pleased and smiles, I knew Prithvi that you would not allow anybody to trespass between us, he is content with his decision. Now look Prithvi, your Pundir will show what he will do to Ghori. Come Prithvi lets get ready for war!
Prithvi interrupts suddenly, no Pundir you will not be participating for the war.
Pundir is shocked with the decision he didn’t anticipate it, what are you telling Prithvi? You will not take me? Why because you want to take Mir instead? Pundir is disgusted with this answer. You want to ditch our friendship of childhood so easily?
No! It’s not like that Pundir, I don't want you to.......to….
What! What you don't want....just say it, you don't trust me?
It’s not about trust Pundir, Prithvi replies to his doubts.
Then what is it, tell me, you just want to ditch your friend like that.
Prithvi cannot take those words and faces him eye to eye. I had this dream last night a dream about your death.
Pundir cannot understand his silliness. This is just your "Brahm" Prithvi. Believe me I will take the whole load of attacks by Ghori on my chest. Don't try to separate me from you for ridiculous reasons. Please do not take this opportunity of war away from me.
No Pundir, I cannot do this. I already lost one friend, and if something happens to you I will not be able to forgive myself.
But! Says Pundir.
No Pundir, Prithvi replies again and puts his hand on his shoulders. If you want to stay with me, I will order you.....
This is not the order of a King this is only the love of his soul mate, Pundir acknowledges his meaning.

In the morning the conch is blown.
Maharaj Prithviraj Chauhan Ki Jai!
Maharaj Prithviraj Chauhan Ki Jai!
Maharaj Prithviraj Chauhan Ki Jai!
All the army salutes and cheer on. Prithvi announces my comrades our enemy has reached the border, they strike again. Without thinking of our own lives we will protect our Hindustan. We must have the wit to make the enemies blood clot and burn them to ashes. Our special "yodha" Pundir will lead with the torch and inspire us. Only blood can put the flames of the torch out. Prithvi calls Pundir. Pundir takes the torch from the troop, when he passes by mistake his leg hits a pot of flammable liquid like kerosene and the grass ignites with flames surrounding Pundir all around. One villager jumps to save Pundirs life. Prithvi shouts Pundir! The villager takes him out of the fire.
I am okay, he tells, don't worry about me.
Stop tells Prithvi to the troop who just saved Pundir. Who are you he asks him?
I am Nil, Maharaj.
Prithvi goes to him you have done me a great favor.
Don't say that Maharaj, I was just doing my duty. I am at your service. I had been thinking of joining your army but one of your troops had rejected me, because he says I am not competent enough to fight. I feel like I am as good as my father was.
Prithvi questions who was your father?
He was part of your army, his name was Balgandarva Maharaj. At the time of the Digvijay he was made into a martyr, when the attack of Dhilli took place.
Prithvi is pleased, don't worry you will fight like your Baba with us shoulder to shoulder. We need more people like you, go and meet Chacha he will explain everything you need to know. As morning comes we will leave Dhilli.
Thank-you Maharaj. This is a great opportunity for me to serve Dhilli. Nil takes and kisses Prithvi's fist and walks away.
Ghori gives a huge chuckle, my new token, Nil, he laughs some more. So easily he has been admitted into Prithvi's army. With his help we will prevent Prithvi from reaching "Maidan Jung" and kill him. Ghori chuckles some more he is contented and sure of his plans.

Prithvi aims at the fish, his friends watch. Prithvi explains that Nil is M Ghori's spy, he releases the bow and the arrow hits the fish- bullseye. His buddies are surprised by the discovery. Prithvi continues, and we will use Ghori's own spy to obstruct M Ghori!

No comments: